If you’re considering relocating to Kaufman for personal or professional reasons, you’ve made an excellent choice. This city offers many advantages, making it a great place to live and work. Of course, before you pick up and move to a new location, you want to do your research. Read on to find out more about Kaufman and what makes it a great place to be.
Enjoy an affordable cost of living
Overall, Kaufman is a very affordable location in the country. Real estate in particular is cheap. However, as BestPlaces notes, many other points that factor into the overall cost of living fall below the national average, including transportation, utilities, and groceries. What’s more, housing is currently nearly half the national average.
Find sufficient business funding
If you move to Kaufman to start a business, you’ll likely need funding. Common startup expenses range from commercial rent to technology. If you don’t have a significant amount of savings, external financial aid can help you cover these costs. Programs like PeopleFund offer sources of funding and investment.
Tap into a supportive startup community
It takes more than money to get a company off the ground. If you’re planning to start a business in Kaufman, you want a supportive network. Kaufman offers a great scene for business owners. In addition to the financial support opportunities described above, you’ll also benefit from the following resources:
- Liaise with area businesses and startup resources, which can help you license and set up your own business.
- Get information from small business resources like The Kaufman Economic Development Corporation.
- Consult the local government offices for help setting up shop.
- SBDCs are an excellent resource for business owners who are just starting out. They can provide you with the tools and resources necessary for success. Get in touch with Jamee Nitschke at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Lastly, be sure to connect with the Kaufman Chamber of Commerce to start connecting with the local business community.
Benefit from a well-educated workforce
As your business grows, you’ll likely want to expand. At this point, you may need to hire additional help. Having a well-educated workforce to tap into can be hugely beneficial, making it easy to find the assistance you need. Thanks to the many colleges and universities in Texas, you’ll have a great pool of talent to choose from.
Schools in or near Kaufman include:
- Trinity Valley Community College
- University of North Texas at Dallas
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
Reap the rewards of a great quality of life
Even if you go to Kaufman to start a business, it’s not like you’ll be working 24/7. In your off time, you want to enjoy yourself. Luckily, Kaufman offers plenty of great options for exploring and relaxing. Some favorite attractions include:
- The Gentle Zoo
- Blueberry Hill Farm
- East Texas Gators & Wildlife Park
Enjoy the great outdoors
One of the biggest benefits of Texas life is being able to enjoy the gorgeous natural scenery. Caves, lakes, and rivers—it’s all here. In the warmer months, go for hikes or enjoy camping adventures. If you’re the outdoorsy type, this state is a goldmine.
Your quick-start guide to Kaufman relocation and entrepreneurship
Clearly, the city has a lot to offer. That said, if you’re planning to move here, you have to prepare accordingly. This is especially true if you want to start a business, which requires some additional steps. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Learn how to set up a Texas corporation. A corporation has unique benefits as a business entity, making it easier to transfer shares.
- Decide whether you want to register a “doing business as” name with the state.
- Invest in accounting software for your SMB. This software can help you manage bills, track job costs, and create invoices.
Ready to pick up and move to Kaufman, Texas? You have a lot to look forward to. Consult the resources above to get the information you need for a seamless transition. Once the move is done, you can focus on settling into your new community.